A promise is a promise! After the crispy Made in Australia salad and the turkey fillet with pineapple and ginger, here’s a little sweetness to finish off this menu, a coconut-mango-basil yoghurt with a few lime zests.
I really like this recipe because it’s fresh, balanced and easy to make. I was inspired by Chef Juan Arbelaez’s recipe, which I reworked with the Elé touch 😉 The chef, both gourmet and sporty as shown by his Instagram account split between appetising cooking photos and intense push-ups, really offers bright and colourful recipes. Find them in his book Cuisinez – Partagez.
Let’s get to the recipe now…
Coconut, mango and basil yoghurt
For 4 people
Prep time: 20 minutes.
Rest time: 2 hours.
- 50 cl of coconut milk
- 4 gelatine leaves
- 4 teaspoons of honey
- The juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1/2 mango
- 1/2 bunch of basil
- Some coconut shavings for decoration + grated coconut
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk for 10 minutes over low heat. Soak the 4 gelatine leaves in water for 5 minutes, then drain. Remove from the heat and mix the coconut milk and the gelatine leaves. Pour the mixture into 4 glasses filled to a maximum of 3/4 full, then set aside in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Peel the half mango and cut it into small cubes. Peel the basil and chop it, keeping a few whole leaves for decoration.
- It’s time to dress your dessert. Pour a teaspoon of honey on each glass. Arrange the mango cubes, basil, shavings and grated coconut, then the juice and zest of the limes. Finish by adding one or two basil leaves as garnish.
Deliciously COOL, isn’t it?
If you have any questions or if you just liked the recipe, leave a comment below or on my Instagram and Facebook @theepicurious pages.
My other recipes are waiting for you, and by the way, do you have any suggestions for future recipes?